The White Pitbull is one of the most sought after dog breeds in the entire universe. Herein, we shall be looking at a couple of elements about them. Read on to determine whether this is the next breed you will get for your family.
The White Pitbull stands out from the other Pitbull not only due to the color of their coat but also due to their history. This dog breed happens to be a mixture of a couple of different dogs, including:
- The American Bulldog
- The American Pitbull terriers
- American bullies
- Staffordshire terriers
The above breeds were initially bred in Europe in the 1800s for blood sports, as well as bull baiting. When blood sports were made illegal in the UK, most people began using these dogs in dog fighting tournaments. By the 1920s and 1930s, the white Pitbull breed that had resulted from the careful breeding of the above-listed dogs had set foot in the United States, where it began appearing in family photographs. They were also used in war activities.
Owing to their active role in wars, most people adopted the notion that White Pitbull is ferocious and vicious. With excellent training, however, they have turned out to be very friendly dogs to human beings and their families.
The white Pitbull happens to have a very pleasant personality. It is generally exuberant, loyal, and very friendly to strangers. You will also be pleased to know that it is very friendly to kids. This makes it a very good choice if you are looking for a dog for the purpose of companionship. It is an easily trained dog that is also highly sociable, and you will barely have any problems making it adapt to your way of life in your family home. White Pitbull are also great hunters and herders.
Grooming your white Pitbull may not call for you to purchase any special equipment, but you will probably have to clean it more often to sustain its beautiful white coat in the best form. Some of the routine grooming activities that you should uphold include:
- You should brush its coat with a dense-bristle brush daily if possible- Other Pitbulls with different coat colors may go up to a week without needing to have them brushed but a white Pitbull may present higher cleaning demands. Brushing its coat daily will not only keep its coat lustrous but will also get rid of the dead skin cells and the hair.
- You should wipe its coat with a damp cloth right after brushing it (simply press firmly and do not rub)-This should be done on a daily basis.
- Clean its ears and teeth at least once a week- You should purchase dog products for use in these cleaning procedures.
- You should trim its nails at least twice every month- Do this carefully to avoid injuring your white Pitbull.
Any Health Problems?
White Pitbull has been known to have a high likelihood of developing several health problems as they grow. Some of the common ailments you might want to keep your eyes open for include:
As much as white Pitbull have a very impressive body build, they are highly likely to develop hip dysplasia as they grow old. You should see to it that your white Pitbull maintains a healthy weight and that you supply it with the right bone nutrients, in a bid to minimize its chances of succumbing to hip dysplasia.
Like a significant number of dog breeds, the white Pitbull is prone to developing cataracts. Cataracts result from the thickening of a dog’s eye lens, which then leads to very poor vision.
Your white Pitbull may also be sensitive to certain foods as it grows. If you realize that your white Pitbull is developing allergies, you should consult your vet to identify the best allergy medication to give it. You should also switch its diet to a grain-free one.
Average Life Span
White Pitbull has an average lifespan of 12 to 15 years. Most dog breeds have an average of 10 to 14 years, which makes White Pitbull a better choice in terms of lifespan consideration.
- Does Walking a Dog Make Them Tired? Yes: Here’s the Skinny - September 20, 2023
- My Dog Ate A Napkin: What You Need To Know - September 18, 2023
- My Dog Ate a Cockroach: Will They Get Sick and What to Do - September 18, 2023